Developing the best anti aging regimen for your 50s isn’t about vanity. It’s about finding the best products to take care of your skin’s needs as you age. Time and gravity contribute to the major signs of aging:
- Deep wrinkles
- Sun spots and discoloration
- Rough texture
- Loss of volume and sagging
- Enlarged pores
Now is the time to take a closer look at your skin routine (or lack thereof) and seek guidance on products and approaches that are designed for mature skin. Putting your best face forward is always the move and we’re here to help!
Understanding Skin Care Fundamentals
Regardless of age, it’s important to understand the core fundamentals of a complete skin care routine. Your current regimen might include some of these, but not all:
- Cleanse – Purifying skin and removing dirt and other pollutants
- Tone – Removing dirt that clogs pores and makes them appear prominent
- Hydrate – Moisturizing the skin and replenish nutrients
- Exfoliate – Gently removing dead skin cells to improve radiance and texture
- Protect – Blocking UV light and other environmental aggressors
- Treat – Boosting your regimen with products that treat specific concerns, including aging
Irrespective of your skin type, your approach to skin care needs to include these elements. The best anti aging regiment for your 50s will advance your approach with the right products.
Implementing Anti-Aging Care in Your Routine
Now that we understand the basics, let’s dive in to specific products and approaches:
- Cleansing: For mature skin, use mild products that are non-irritating. These cleansers will remove dirt and other impurities without stripping your skin of its natural moisture, which is especially important for those with sensitive skin. Products with ceramides are a good choice as they help bolster the skin’s natural barrier.
- Toning: Look for gentle, alcohol-free toners that help unclog pores while also lending moisture and nutrients. Many of these products offer a great foundation for the rest of your regimen.
- Hydrating: At any age level, hydration is a critical factor of a skin care regimen. This is especially true for mature skin. Moisturizers help fight dryness, dullness and the creation of fine lines. We especially love the Dermalogica Age Smart Super Rich Repair 1.7 oz for superior hydration and repair. When applying moisturizer, be sure to use gentle, upward strokes to avoid pulling or dragging the skin which can promote the development of deep lines and sagging.
- Caring for the Eyes: The delicate skin around the eyes can really contribute to a look of tiredness and aging. While eye care should be a skin concern before the age of 50, it’s especially important now. We recommend products that hydrate, firm, brighten and soothe the skin around your eyes to help you retain a youthful appearance such as Peter Thomas Roth Un Wrinkle Eye 0.5 oz.
- Exfoliating: You can remove dead cells either through physical abrasion such as scrubs, or chemicals like alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids. The outer layer of the skin gets thinner as you age, and overdoing the exfoliation can aggravate your face leading to irritation and redness.
- Protecting: Always use a sunscreen product with a minimum SPF of 30 when exposed to sunlight. This product blocks UV light which ages the skin and can lead to skin cancer. Go for lightweight products that offer skincare benefits such as hydration and nutrients.
- Treating: The best anti aging regiment for your 50s must include treatments that focus on specific aging concerns. This can range from facial masks to nighttime products to help renew and repair your skin. We really love the REVISION Skincare Retinol Complete 1 oz to plump and smooth your skin for a younger and more radiant glow.
At any age, coming up with a tailored approach for skin care is always best. The good news is that you don’t have to go it alone with LaLa Daisy, your online destination for superior skin care at remarkable prices.