There’s a popular saying that goes, “You’re only as young as you feel.” This is based on the idea that your age is just a number and that your sense of youthfulness comes from within. This is a nice sentiment, but the reality is that in society we tend to associate age with appearance. The right anti aging skin care routine can help your face reflect how young you actually feel.
Youth is often connected to health and vitality, so it’s important that your face, in particular, reflects a sense of vitality, begging the question: What are you doing to keep your skin healthy and youthful?
In order to answer that question, we need to know the signs of aging in skin:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven complexion
- Rough texture
- Enlarged pores
- Age spots and other types of discoloration
While these symptoms can be experienced by people of all ages, they tend to become more common as you age.
What Factors Lead to Aging Symptoms in Skin?
Before we address the signs of aging, let’s consider the causes. Skin aging is a natural part of the overall aging process which is a fact of life. Other factors can cause premature aging:
- Sun exposure
- Lack of sleep
- Alcohol intake
- Lack of proper exercise
- Low temperature
- Lack of skin care
Some of these factors cannot be controlled, but a complete and consistent anti aging skin care routine goes a long way to retaining a vibrant, fresh look.
What Does an Anti-Aging Skin Care Regimen Involve?
An anti-aging skin care plan includes the elements of a complete routine, but with an emphasis on anti aging skin care products:
- Cleansing: It’s essential to remove oils, pollutants and other impurities to not only keep it clean, but make it more receptive to products that help fight the signs of aging. Look for gentle, low-pH cleansers that support your skin’s protective barrier to resist dryness and damage.
- Exfoliating: As you get older, the time it takes for your skin to replace dead skin cells increases. This accumulation of dead cells can make your face appear dull, uneven and rough in texture. Exfoliating helps remove these skin cells to reveal improved skin that looks more vibrant. You can do this using physical exfoliants such as scrubs or sponges, or chemical exfoliants which help dislodge dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. Products containing alpha hydroxy acids are great for skin. Avoid harsh scrubs which can promote sagging and wrinkles.
- Moisturizing: One of the most common root causes of aging symptoms Is a lack of moisture. Older skin produces less sebum which leads to overall dryness and fine lines. Look for an anti-aging moisturizer that boosts hydration and improves skin elasticity. When applying moisturizer, be sure to pat lightly instead of rubbing it in, which can drag on skin and lead to sagging.
- Protecting: Environmental factors such as sun exposure can promote rapid aging. It’s important to look for broad spectrum sunscreens with a minimum SPF of 30 to protect from UV sunlight. The best products will help fade age spots, smooth out wrinkles and boost your skin’s overall texture.
- Eye Care: The sensitive skin around your eyes is especially prone to indications of aging, including puffiness, fine lines, crow’s feet, sagging, tiredness and dryness. Look for eye creams that are rich with antioxidants and other nutrients to help improve firmness and radiance. Never drag the skin in this area. Always pat gently.
Other Anti-Aging Approaches
As you age, your skin grows more fragile and doesn’t bounce back from trauma as quickly. Take a look at other lifestyle elements. For example, sleeping with your face pressed against a pillow can help develop wrinkles. Improving your overall health through diet, exercise and proper rest will also help your skin look its best. Finding the right guidance for aging issues is also important. Let LaLa Daisy be your go-to for affordable anti-aging products that truly help you look as young as you feel.
For more information on anti-aging skin care routines as well as many other skin care concerns, be sure to visit our Beauty Resource Center – Skin Care Advisor right here on our website.
You can also get more information on an anti aging skin care route at WebMD.