Anti-aging creams have a colorful history within the cosmetics industry, and here at LaLa Daisy, we recognize that. We also recognize, though, that some of the most astonishing breakthroughs in skin health have come about because of efforts to find the best and most effective anti-aging skin care products out there. It has been something that humanity has placed value on since ancient times, and even records of the Egyptian and Roman civilizations had their answers to a youthful appearance.
Sorting Fact From Fiction
When you are looking for anti-aging skin care products that work, it is important to understand the difference between the science of rejuvenating skin and restoring its health and the promises that some anti-wrinkle creams make. One of the most important steps to understanding those differences involves looking at the claims made by your products. Another way is to make sure that what you are buying uses ingredients that have been proven to work. The one key factor that ties together all of the best rated anti-aging skin care products on the market today is simple, and that is that they do not make claims that are bigger than what their ingredients are known to do.
Top Performing Ingredients
Here are the five ingredients that bring the most visible and consistent benefits when they are used in ant-aging products.
- Retinol: A vitamin A derivative, retinol is best applied directly to sagging skin, spots, discoloration, and wrinkles. It helps smooth and lift, and it is well-known as one of the strongest anti-aging skin agents.
- Hydroquinone: This compound fades hyperpigmentation and evens skin tone by blocking melanin from being released, making it one of the best skin bleaching products on the market. This makes it especially suited to erasing sun spots and other discoloration caused by damage to the skin.
- Mineral Sunscreen: There have been many studies that back up beliefs in mineral sunscreens, and more than a few that point to artificial alternatives being less effective than advertised. The best part about this being such an effective anti-aging agent? It’s also one of the most affordable skin care products on the market.
- Antioxidants: While not as refined as some of their derivatives like retinol, antioxidants are ideal anti-aging agents because they reduce free radicals in the body and nourish the skin, replenishing the basic nutrients you need to keep it healthy.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Last but not least, products with alpha hydroxy acids add radiance to the face and help smooth away blotches and discoloration.
Finding Products That Make the Most of Top Ingredients
Sometimes, it is easy to find the best rated anti-aging skin care products that use these ingredients because some of the most powerful serums and spray-ons actively advertise their main ingredients as retinol, antioxidants, or alpha hydroxy acids. If you aren’t sure whether a product has these proven ingredients, then check out its active ingredients and see if any of the above appear. Just remember, there is no one anti-aging product that works alone. If you want skin care products that work, you need to find the ones that include multiple anti-aging agents together or you have to find a way to use multiple products together. That way, you have full protection for your skin.