Michael Douglas said, “being single is pretty good. It has a nice sense of irresponsibility.” Probably the worst day to be single is on Valentine’s Day, but it doesn’t have to be like that. This year, if you’re not planning a date night on February 14, plan a self-care date for you and your BFF.
Call it Galentine’s Day, in the spirit of Parks & Recreation’s Leslie Knope. If you’re not excluding men from your day, call it “Palentine’s Day.” Here are some ideas that go beyond dinner, roses and chocolates to make your day special, even without a significant other.
- Treat your BFF
Roses, gold and chocolates? Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or another reason to say “”I care,”” there’s nothing too good for your BFF. Treat your girlfriend (and yourself!) to a bottle of self-care and a little piece of luxury with rose, gold and chocolate infused bath, body and skin products. We have a great selection of bath and beauty Valentine’s day gifts, including:
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Mask to prevent and counteract the signs of aging. This product smells delightful and is designed for all skin types.
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Cleansing Butter that nourishes your skin in the shower or bath. Who knew that gold could help your skin have a natural glow. This product is good for all skin types.
- Davines Alchemic Conditioner Chocolate works on your hair as a deep conditioner for dry hair. It’s eco-friendly, one of the best hair products on the market and made in Italy. Use with its corresponding shampoo for maximum effectiveness.
Splurge on an expensive restaurant with a group of singles
One of the best ways to spend any day is to be with friends. Make reservations at a restaurant that isn’t thought of as a date place. Dress up. Don’t forget a great fragrance like Joe Malone Nectarine Blossom Honey. Enjoy a night out with like-minded people who agree that Valentine’s Day is just another day.
Send little gifts to your family and friends
If you can’t get together with your favorite pals, order small presents that will arrive on Valentine’s Day. Here are some Singles Awareness Day gift ideas:
- New makeup brushes, like this Colorescience On The Go Brush Set
- A great read
- Personal notes and cards to those you love
- Thymes Kimono Rose Hand Wash
- Send a bright bouquet of flowers; your florist may appreciate not making another rose arrangement.
Have a plan
One of the best things you can do is to make a plan, so that Valentine’s Day doesn’t overwhelm you. It’s okay if you want to wallow, but it’s better to be with friends. Make meaningful memories with friends and family to add vibrancy to your life. Valentine’s Day is just 24 hours of the year, out of 8,760. If you want more great gift ideas, check out our top picks.