Attempting to find effective anti-aging creams and products is like searching for a needle in a haystack. Beauty aisle shelves are lined with seemingly hundreds of them, and there are even more options and varieties online.
All of them usually have boisterous claims, such as, “You’ll see results overnight!” and “Our product will turn back the clock 10 years!”
I know, and I think you do, too, that these products shouting for your attention just make it harder to find what you need (products that promise smoother, firmer skin, fewer lines, and, if it’s really good, a glowing complexion). When they all scream for your approval and your wallet, they all start blending together.
Luckily, there are some easy ways to discover the right facial skin care products for anti-aging – without resorting to closing your eyes in desperation and picking something off the shelf at random, praying it will be good enough.
How to Find the Right Anti-Aging Creams and Skin Care Products for You
1. Pay Attention to Proven Brands
You may be tempted to pick out the newest products out there, but this can be a gamble. Instead, if you want something that’s sure to work, look to products that have longevity backing them up.
These brands have been tried and tested and have stood up to years – sometimes even decades – of women using them. This means that there’s a very good chance that they will work for you, too.
2. Check the Ingredients List
Anti-aging products for the face that really work tend to rely on key ingredients that pack a powerful punch. These, too, have been tested and proven.
Check for any of these ingredients on the packaging for facial skin care products to determine if you should give them your time, money, and skin:
- Retinol – A derivative of vitamin A, retinol is one of the most powerful anti-aging ingredients out there. It is a proven wrinkle-fighter and can make skin look renewed and refreshed.
- Essential oils, such as camellia oil or sunflower oil – These essential oils contain antioxidants that help aging skin fight future damage. They also stimulate collagen production, an essential skin building block.
- Alpha and beta hydroxy acids – Derived from fruits, these acids help exfoliate skin by dissolving the bonds between dead skin cells, so they’re more easily shed. The result: brighter skin.
- Soy extract, licorice extract, or peony extract – These botanicals naturally lighten dark spots by interrupting the skin’s production of melanin.
- A broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or above – In order to fight aging, you have to protect your skin from future sun damage. The best facial cream for daytime is one that has an SPF of 30 or above.
Other key words to look for on the packaging include hypoallergenic (the product is less likely to cause allergic reactions) and noncomedogenic (the product won’t cause acne or clog pores). The top skin care products will have these words somewhere on the bottle.
3. Look for Facial Skin Care Products that Address Your Specific Problem
If you want to get the perfect anti-aging product for you, you have to think about your biggest skin concerns and go from there.
Have deep wrinkles? Get an intense night cream or serum to rejuvenate your skin while you sleep. Got crow’s feet? Invest in an anti-aging eye cream. Have dark spots? Look for anti-aging creams that promise to lighten and brighten your complexion.
Finding the top skin care products that address your anti-aging needs can be simple with the right knowledge up your sleeve. When you know what to look for, you can zoom past the options that aren’t your best fit and zero-in on what will work for your skin concerns. For a great selection of effective anti-aging products, depend on LaLa Daisy.