Dark Spots Be Gone: Our Fave Brightening Correction Skin Care Products
What do you see when you look in the mirror? If an uneven skin tone and dark spots stare back at you, you are not alone. Dark spots can be the result of sun damage, acne scars, hormonal changes, and yes, even age.
Most of us are not blessed with perfect skin, but luckily, with a good skin care routine, no one needs to know it. You have many options, from in-office treatments to at-home products, to minimize your dark spots and even out your skin tone, but you should probably start with a conversation with your dermatologist to make sure any approach you take is the right one for you.
The Big Guns
For women who want a faster approach to improving the quality of their skin, they may opt for a non-invasive treatment. These methods should be performed by a competent aesthetician under the supervision of a dermatologist, and may include:
- Laser resurfacing – an expensive technique that can be mildly uncomfortable but effective
- Chemical peels – exfoliating treatments that remove the outer layers of skin and potentially boost collagen production
- Microneedling – a tool that uses small spikes to boost collagen production and elasticity and is often used with topical serums to improve effectiveness
- Microdermabrasion – like sand-blasting, it removes dead skin and encourages brightness without the use of harsh chemicals
Each of these treatment options can be costly and may require multiple sessions to see results. That’s why many women prefer home treatments including a good skin care routine with a skin brightening daily moisturizer to reduce the appearance of dark spots.
The Main Event
Skin care products for uneven complexions can contain several active ingredients, and you may need to experiment with a few to find the one that works best for you without causing irritation. Here are some buzzwords to look for:
- Hydroquinone: It is available in both prescription and over-the-counter strength and works by inhibiting the production of melanin at the cellular level.
- Kojic acid: It can be found in skin lightening products and may irritate skin more than other ingredients.
- Vitamin C: This antioxidant targets dark spots and can even improve the appearance of fine lines.
- Retinoids: A vitamin A derivative that can reduce wrinkles, acne, and dark spots.
Your New Best Friend
How do you start a good skin care routine to brighten your skin and even out your complexion? LaLa Daisy has your back; from a great skin brightening daily moisturizer to quality vitamin C skin care, you can find products to make your skin luminous and clear. Here are a few you may want to try:
- Revaleskin Brightening Complex, which uses powerful antioxidants such as coffeeberry extract to fight damage caused by age and the sun by moisturizing dull skin
- PCA Skin Intensive Brightening Treatment, which relies on retinol to brighten skin and prevent premature aging
- Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Skin Brightening Corrector, antioxidant rich and free of hydroquinone makes this product ideal for sensitive skin
- Obagi Professional-C Peptide Complex, a vitamin C skin care product that improves firmness and brightens skin tone
- Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power CX30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum, with vitamin C to improve skin brightness but gentle enough for daily use
Ready, Set, Go
No matter what products you use to reduce the appearance of dark spots, you should make sure to use sunscreen regularly to protect your skin. The ingredients in many skin brightening products can make your skin more sensitive and prone to burning. Watch out for redness, drying, itching, or burning sensations, and be sure to moisturize regularly to promote healthy skin.
LaLa Daisy has an amazing selection of top brand name products for face and body that are designed to brighten your skin, minimize dark spots, and give you that glow and even tone you crave. Be sure to check out our site for skin care, makeup, and sunscreen and turn back the clock for your skin.