You understand that an essential part of great skin care is keeping it healthy and hydrated. No matter what type of skin you have, you need a great moisturizer for a complexion that is balanced and free of stress. Learn more about the importance of hydration and see which IMAGE Skincare moisturizer is right for you.
First, let’s start with the basics. Every moisturizing product’s effectiveness is aided by proper cleansing. How are you cleaning your face?
Soaps and other washes can remove dirt and excess oil, but they tend to strip moisture as well. We recommend the IMAGE Skincare Vital C Hydrating Facial Cleanser. Here’s what we love about it:
- Gentle cleansing
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- Paraben-free and acid-free
- Provides antioxidants and nutrients
This cleanser is great for daily use in morning and at evening. Be sure to wash with cold or lukewarm water which won’t dry out your skin before you apply moisturizer.
Finding the Right Moisturizer
Most moisturizing products tend to work best when applied to skin that is slightly damp, which is usually right after cleansing. Damp skin absorbs moisture better.
It’s easy to think of a moisturizer as merely a lotion or cream that promotes softness and suppleness. These days, the best products offer several key benefits:
- Skin Replenishment. These ingredients hydrate and condition your skin, such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid and ceramides.
- Harmful UV light can age skin and lead to major health problems. Look for a minimum SPF of 30 or more.
- Defends your skin from environmental and aging effects, like green tea extract.
- Lubricating, naturally sourced oils and butters that help seal in moisture, such as shea butter
For a great all-around moisturizer, we suggest the IMAGE Skincare Prevention Plus Daily Hydration SPF 30 Moisturizer.
Targeting Skin Issues
Today’s moisturizers are multi-function and multi-beneficial, offering specific therapies that address specific issues besides hydration:
- Sensitive Skin
- Uneven tone
- Redness / Irritation
- Skin around the eyes
If you’re dealing with a particular issue, choose a moisturizer that also addresses your specific needs. If you struggle with breakouts, we recommend the IMAGE Skincare Clear Cell Mattifying Moisturizer for Oily Skin. for its ability to moisturize while controlling oil and refining pores.
For those looking for great anti-aging and hydration from the IMAGE Skincare brand, we like the Ageless Total Retinol-A Crème. Unlock skin that is more youthful-looking with the reviving, repairing and resurfacing offered by this product with regular nightly use.
Last but not least, the delicate skin around your eyes needs regular hydration to minimize fine lines and tighten saggy skin. We love the IMAGE Skincare The MAX Stem Cell Eye Crème. Apply to your upper and lower eyelids twice daily for smoothness.
Applying Moisturizer Correctly
Now that you’ve picked a great moisturizer, you need to make sure that you’re applying it properly:
- Start off with a little bit of product. You can always apply more if necessary.
- Gently pat moisturizer in place, especially around the eyes.
- Apply in circular, upward motions to avoid promoting wrinkles and sagging.
You’ve got the knowledge to boost your regimen. Visit LaLa Daisy for superior products by IMAGE Skincare that help transform your skin from dull to smooth and radiant. You can read more about how to select a moisturizer from the Mayo Clinic.