Is lip liner a regular part of your makeup repertoire? If not, you may be missing out on a great tool to make your lips look their best. Liner is super easy to use and can help your lipstick last much longer without bleeding or feathering. Here are a few tips to help you choose and use lip liner.
Get to the Point
What’s the big deal about lip liner, anyway? It’s an easy makeup option that can take your lips over the top, and it can also give the illusion of a perfect pucker. If your lips are thin or uneven, you can use a liner to extend the natural borders of your lips for more fullness.
Women who may notice fine lines around their lips swear by their lip liners to prevent bright or dark colors from bleeding. Not only will your color stay in place, but your lips may even look younger and better defined.
Oh, the Possibilities
Lip liner is available in several forms, and each has its own advantages. You can start with one to get comfortable, or stock up on a variety to change your look whenever you want. Look for these types:
- Twist-up plastic pencil – this kind of liner does not require sharpening, but it tends to be softer than a pencil. You may not get the clean line of a pencil, but it also works well to fill in the entire lip.
- Crayon – this liner is easy to apply and is great for all-over color and a softer look. This may be your go-to liner for daytime or casual use.
Lip liners can be matched to your lipstick, especially for dark or bright red shades, or you can go for a nude shade that blends in with your natural lip color for a more subtle look.
As Easy as One-Two-Three
You don’t need to be a professional makeup artist to know how to use lip liner. Just follow these easy steps:
- Start with a well-hydrated lip or a thin coat of lip balm if your lips are dry.
- Draw along the contours of lips, beginning in the upper center and working out towards the corners. Use small strokes for better accuracy.
- Either fill in with the pencil or just apply your lipstick, blotting off any excess.
That’s all there is to it! You can find top-quality, low-cost products for your lips (and the rest of your face) at LaLa Daisy. Check out our selection of liners, lipsticks, glosses, and balms for your kissable lips.