Do you want to kick up your makeup game? If you are trying for a professional finish, then you need better tools to make your face flawless.
When you want to move beyond fingers and cotton swabs to apply your makeup, you may be ready to invest in a makeup brush kit for a better approach to a fabulous face. You can also refer to this brush guide so you know what brushes can help you achieve a smoother look.
Easy on the Eyes
Your eyes are a tricky spot for precise makeup application. From brows to lashes, you need a steady hand, careful technique, and the right eye makeup brushes to accomplish any style. Some of the basic brushes you may want to include are:
- Flat Eyeshadow Brush – use this brush for both application of eyeshadow and blending of colors. A good flat brush can have a rounded tip and should be fluffy enough for powder.
- Angled Eyeshadow Brush – this firm brush can help you create a dramatic look by concentrating color along the crease of your eyelid. It can also be used under your eye along the lash line for a classic smoky look.
- Eyeliner Brush – think of this one as a paintbrush. It is smaller and has a pointed tip to give you precision when defining your lash line.
- Eyelash Brush – this type can also have a comb on one side, and it is useful to define and separate your lashes as well as to tame your brows.
- Angled Brow Brush – you can use a brow brush to groom your natural brow, define the shape, and accentuate it with the addition of powder, wax, or gel.
You can go for a few to try them out, or opt for a complete kit to master any finish.
Turn the Other Cheek
While eye makeup brushes are all about standing out, other brushes work to blend in. There are many different brushes for foundation, blush, bronzer, concealer, and even a few just to polish and finish. Here are some of the main brushes for a smooth complexion:
- Powder Brush – this brush has long, soft, fluffy bristles that are perfect for holding and applying loose powder for all over coverage. It is more useful as a finisher, and it tends to be one of the larger weapons in your makeup arsenal.
- Kabuki Brush – for a perfectly smooth finish, go for this short brush with its oversized poof of long bristles. It can take blending to a higher level to leave a porcelain finish.
- Blush Brush – The next largest in size, blush and bronzer brushes have a similar domed shape to powder brushes, but tend to be a little smaller for more control of color application along your cheekbones. The result is better definition with careful blending.
- Contour Brush – these brushes can be angled and denser than a blush or powder brush. They can help you create definition and accentuate your facial structure for a polished appearance.
- Foundation Brush – you can use a variety of different shaped brushes to apply liquid or cream foundations. They should be cleaned regularly to deter bacterial growth and reduce bristle clumping.
- Concealer Brush – want to hide blemishes, undereye circles, or other imperfections? A small but mighty concealer brush is up to the task.
- Fan Brush – fluffy and fan-shaped, this brush is all about achieving the right blend. It’s a great tool for finish work.
Face brushes take a lot of abuse with daily use. You should clean them often and replace them regularly to keep your bare skin healthy and your made-up face even.
Don’t forget about your lips! A lip brush with a strong bristle and thin point can help you control the amount of lipstick you apply and can help you define your lips. Not only can you have a pretty pout, but you can also reduce feathering and bleeding, especially for darker shades on your lip line.
Tools of the Trade
LaLa Daisy has the applicators, brushes, and sponges you want to accentuate your natural beauty or take your face to another place. Check out our selection of tools to make your makeup application fun instead of just functional. Items such as BeautyBlender Pure Makeup Sponge and Solid, are great to have in your tool kit. We can also help you with makeup tips and tricks as well as products to achieve a better, more beautiful you.